Gibbs & Dandy Returns and Refund Policy
PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE CONSUMER TERMS OF SALE. THESE WILL APPLY IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS BELOW.
SECTION 6 – RETURNS
SECTION 8 – RESPONSIBILITIES FOR RETURN
SECTION 9 – DEFECTIVE GOODS
If you wish to return items to us, please contact the delivering branch by telephone, email or in writing within 14 days of the delivery date. You will need to quote your invoice or collection/delivery note number so that we can deal with your request promptly.
The delivering branch will discuss your reason for return or refund and will advise the return or refund process accordingly and as governed by our Terms & Conditions of Sale.
Any goods purchased using this website are subject to this returns and refund policy.
Your right to cancel
You may cancel your order (or any part of it) before delivery. You may cancel your order only in writing by emailing email@example.com
You may also cancel your order within 14 days after the day of delivery by getting in contact with us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org We do require written confirmation to cancel your order.
If you cancel after delivery, you may only do so subject to the following conditions:
- The product must be returned to us unused, as new and in undamaged condition. We advise you to return goods in their original product packaging where possible. This includes all shrink wrapping and banding around the goods, pallet or crate still intact in order to protect them in transit to us. If this is not possible, products must be packaged safely for transport. This means either palletised or crated for handling with pallet truck, fork lift or crane. Product must also be banded.
Before you request or arrange the return of a product, please read the information carefully:
Change of Mind Returns (Cooling Off Period)
- These rights apply to the extent that you have purchased the product as a consumer. You may return any delivered product(s) you have purchased within 14 days after the day of delivery for any reason (including if you simply change your mind). To do so you must notify us in writing via email to email@example.com or via the postal system to the address in the section below.
- If you are returning a product because you have changed your mind after delivery, you must arrange for return transport of the goods at your own cost. All returned products must be returned unused, as new, and in undamaged condition. We advise you to return goods in their original product packaging with all shrink wrapping and banding around the pallet or crate still intact. If this is not possible, products must be packaged safely for transport. This means either palletised or crated for handling with pallet truck, fork lift or crane. Product must also be banded. The products will be at your risk during return, so please make sure that the items are sufficiently packaged to prevent damage occurring during their return. All items will be checked upon return.
- We will give a refund of the price paid for the returned product within 30 days of cancellation.
- Gibbs & Dandy do not have to refund any additional delivery charges for any goods falling in to the category of change of mind returns.
- If an item is returned damaged, we will notify you via email or post. If damage has occurred in transit, it is your responsibility to make any claim for damaged items against your carrier. We will not refund the cost of items which are found to be damaged on return to us: such items will remain your property and may be collected from us at your cost. We may dispose of them if not collected within 30 days.
- Returns or cancellations will not be accepted if the product(s) have been altered by applying chemicals or paints to the surfaces other than those provided, or by altering or customising the product in any way that could be deemed as you using or treating the products as your own.
Where you believe any product may be faulty, you must notify us within 3 days from date of delivery. You may do this by contacting us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org We can then arrange for a replacement or refund as required. In both instances we will arrange to collect the products and inspect them. If the products are found to be faulty we will arrange for a replacement to be sent or to refund you the cost of your purchase. If you require a refund and the products are found upon inspection not to be faulty, we will refund you the purchase price less the cost of collecting the products.
Products that are damaged or broken on arrival (Cancelling the Order)
- In cases where our products are damaged or broken on delivery and you wish to cancel the order as a result, you may do so only within a 7 day period of the order being delivered to you. We will organise collection of the damaged item(s) from you. Until this time, the products remain at your risk and you should take reasonable care of them, including securing, packaging and/or storage of the goods to prevent further damage. Following collection and inspection, provided we are satisfied the goods have been damaged in transit or otherwise before delivery, a full refund will be issued.
Damaged or Broken on Arrival (Replacement Parts or Items)
- In cases where our products are damaged or broken on delivery and you wish to have a replacement or parts sent, provided damage is reported within a reasonable time frame from date or delivery as set out above, we will use reasonable endeavours to provide suitable replacement products or parts. In this case, we will advise you of a date for the collection of the damaged or broken items and subject to return and inspection of the items, we will then issue a replacement within our normal delivery schedule.
- All returned products must be returned in the condition in which they were received by you, and you are responsible for ensuring that the items are sufficiently packaged to prevent further damage occurring during their return. All items will be checked upon return before the relevant action is taken. The products remain at your risk until collected by ourselves.
- Please note replacement parts or products can vary, as explained in our terms and conditions of Sale, so may not be identical to the items being replaced. In particular, colours and shades can vary by batch and could be different from your original order.
Item received is not what you ordered
If the products delivered to you are not what you ordered, or do not correspond fully with the itemised description on your order and you wish to discuss this please notify us immediately via email to email@example.com Please also refer to our terms and conditions of Sale. We aim to respond to emails within 48 hours of receipt.
If we have not received notification of any return due to change of mind within 14 days from date of delivery it will be assumed that acceptance of the goods has taken place. Any subsequent claim will be subject to our discretion, and we reserve the right to choose whether to make a full refund.
For goods which are deemed to be faulty or damaged, then we expect this claim to be made within a reasonable time frame from date of delivery. If goods are claimed to be faulty and are found not to be faulty on inspection, we may charge the costs of returning the goods to us at our discretion, or deduct it from any refund. The products will remain at your risk until they are physically returned to us by collection or delivery.
Goods missing on delivery
It is your responsibility to check against the carrier’s delivery note that the appropriate number of packages, parcels, pallets or crates has been received, and that the correct number and description of ordered goods or items has been received. You must notify us within a reasonable time frame via email to firstname.lastname@example.org of any shortages. Once an item has been installed, it cannot be returned and the purchase price cannot be refunded.
Re stocking charge
If an item is alleged to be faulty, we may offer a repair, exchange or refund following inspection, where required. If an item is not faulty we reserve the right to apply a re-stocking charge.
We are unable to offer return or refund (unless they are found to be faulty) on non stock items or where goods have been fitted.
Refunds will be processed within 5 working days and all payments will be credited against the original card holder’s payment details where possible.
If you would like to contact us with regard to any aspect of this policy you can do so between the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday on tel: 0800 008 7658
Please note - this returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.